Friday, August 8, 2008

Aim High, I Say

Safety Boy and his trustee sidekick Crazy Girl were coming upstairs from the basement where they were doing Safety Boy's chores. It's his job to empty the all bathroom trash and to bring the recycling downstairs and Crazy Girl goes along for the fun of it all. When he finally reached the top step he said to me,

"Mom, I don't know if I want to be a garbage man or a recycling man."

I replied that yes, since both were such noble professions that it would be a tough decision but he had plenty of time to figure that out. I don't want to offend anyone but they say you want better for your children that what you have and I'm thinking that might not be in the right direction. Thank goodness I have 12 years to work on this. One less thing to have on today's to-do list.


They insist on wearing their rain boots when they do the chores. I think it makes them feel more official.

No comments: