Tuesday, July 22, 2008

He's Growing Up?

When I arrived home from work the other day Husband told me that he let a neighborhood boy mow our lawn and he paid him! In my head I am thinking, "Where did my husband go?" First, he is too cheap to part with his money and secondly he loves to mow the lawn. It's his therapy like laundry is mine. But before I could say anything he told me to watch a video he took. It was of Safety Boy mowing our backyard. I couldn't believe it. He's only 5, soon to be six, and he's a small five as in he's in the 10th percentile (if he's lucky). But he mowed the whole lawn by himself and loved it. It amazed me because there are so many days that I think to myself, when is this kid going to grow up a little. Maybe I need to let go to let him grow up and give him more responsibilities. He does some chores around the house. Being a control freak that I am I'm not sure what to give up. I guess I need to think about this one and if anyone has any suggestions, I would be happy to hear them. Regardless, I was so proud of him and obviously he was very proud of himself.


Here is a picture of Safety Boy with a
friend on her tractor that was
taken last year.











Here are some other things going on in our home.

Here is angry rocker girl with her new guitar.

"No, we are not going to have a party in the potty!" Yes, I had to say these words to my darling children when I heard Safety Boy exclaim from his seat on the throne, "it's a party in here." After they evacuated the site, this is what was left.

No comments: