Sunday, July 20, 2008

It's A Conspiracy

I worked yesterday and Husband stayed home with the kids. He took them to his Mom's pool and they went for a walk. I think he's crazy to be doing anything physical in the heat but what do I know. The thought of sweating on a walk just grosses me out. If I am going to sweat it is going to be after a hard long hour at the gym sans kids. I digress. When I walked thru the door after a long hard day at work (not really hard but it sounds better when I say it that way), the kids started. I guess they had been a little grumpy all day but who wouldn't be in this heat. Can you tell I am not a fan of this oppressive weather, unless I am on a float in a pool with a nice cold drink in my hand of the alcoholic kind. So I come in and they start crying and yelling. Just what I want to come home to. Why didn't I work a 12 hour shift and come home right a bedtime. Anyway, Husband and I were hanging out and talking after the kids went to bed last night. His quote, "they wait to get all wound up until it's the end of the day and they know WE are exhausted." Men crack me up. It's always about them. So I looked at him with a look of confusion and replied, "Oh, you mean it's all a conspiracy?" To which he answered, "yeah." Well that clears it all up then. That goodness we have that problem solved. So what do we do now? Since it is obvious he is the expert on child development I will let him figure that one out. Until then I will just accept the fact the kids were exhausted and leave it at that.

This is what I would love to come home to. You may not be able to see them, but the kids are there too. They are playing in the water.

1 comment:

The bargain hunter said...

There is a conspiracy! They plot with my kids each time they are here.