Thursday, June 19, 2008

I Admit It


I hide from my children and I did as recently as yesterday morning. I am not ashamed to admit this and neither should you be. You know who you are. Mothers with young children. I never thought I would be one of them, one that hides but I say, "do whatever it takes" and for me that is hiding. Go ahead and call me a coward. That's okay, I can take it. I'll tell you why I hide from these monsters. Did I just say that on the outside? Anyway, back to why I hide. Usually it is because I have something really good to eat and I don't want to share. Most likely it's chocolate. I could live on chocolate alone. It's a good thing Husband doesn't like chocolate because it's less that I have to worry about sharing.


Okay so the other reason I hide from my kids is well, sometimes I just need a break. By 9am yesterday I was done. Yes, you read that right, 9am. The kids were throwing wet cereal on the floor for the dog which wouldn't have been that bad except she is going blind and can't see most of it. Then Climber dumped the dog bowl of water, proceeded onto the dining room table where he dumped my display (silly me for having one), then climbed onto the fold down computer desk and finally pooped as we were walking out the door to drop off Safety Boy at school. In the meantime Crazy Girl was having a fit over something and just couldn't cope and Safety Boy was throwing toys and didn't feel like picking them up. Believe me I know that I am blessed to have 3 healthy beautiful children that we waited a long time for but yesterday was one of those mornings it was hard to remember that. So I went into hiding and called my Mother on the phone and had a good pity party for myself (and a chuckle at the thought of my hiding). It was a good 5 minutes before they found me. They thought it was a game and tackled me. Wouldn't it be great to live through the eyes of a child.

No comments: