Sunday, June 1, 2008

Our weekend

We've had a very busy weekend and fun was had by all. The weekend started on Friday night with "date night". We weren't out for long, thankfully for our babysitter. Not that I want to air any dirty laundry but our kids just don't want to listen. Can you believe it. I think it's a conspiracy set up by my parents to get me back for all the evil things I did and said to them from age 8 and up. They won't admit it but I know. It was the night after our babysitter's prom and I don't think she was up for it and I'm afraid she won't come back. Hopefully she'll take pity on me.


Saturday started with Safety Boy's soccer game during which he scored his first goal!! Hooray! Big moment for him and Husband and I. What a great feeling. On our way home, the rain they had been forecasting finally came, in buckets. The day was pretty leisure and Husband went for a run (by then the rain had stopped). Although had it been raining he would have run anyway. If you know anything about him, it is that he is determined and doesn't let anything deter him. He used to ride in almost any weather, so long as there wasn't any ice, and he has been known to mow the lawn in a downpour. Mowing is another story we'll have to save for another time. Anyway, so he has decided that he wants to run some races so it looks like next Sunday will be his first. I am excited for him.


Saturday night was great. We had my friend and her boyfriend over for dinner. Let me tell you that this woman is amazing. I met her through one of Husband's friends. They were dating at the time. I don't really remember how it happened that we ended up getting together just the two of us but I am so glad we did. Among other things, she is my movie buddy. If ever I need a chick flick moment, she's the girl I call. She's always there, for anything. She's beautiful, honest, giving, intelligent, funny and so cool. I hope she knows how much I value our friendship and how much I love her.


Sunday morning was church. It was the first time I went downstairs for the children's liturgy and craft. Usually Husband does that and I get to enjoy listening in peace to the sermon. Overall it was good and no problems. Then we had a make-up soccer game. I guess all of the kids decided before they showed up that they were going to take it easy. I think Coach was a little flustered, not sure what to do with them. I was equally frustrated with Safety Boy making mud pies on the sideline with his buddy T. Definitely not a goal scoring game. Oh well, there's always next week. As I write this the kids and Husband are next door visiting with our neighbors, who are like grandparents. Such a beautiful couple.


Our week will be busy but I am grateful to have such a full life.



Crazy Girl and her Good Friend E

Coach and the team at the end of the game


Safety Boy and his Buddy J

No comments: