Monday, June 30, 2008

We're having fun

Well we've been pretty busy around here so haven't had the chance to post. I've been busy working out the details of the job. Have I mentioned how excited I am to be entering the workforce again. Another phase has begun. Another yippee from me. Of course the kids keep me busy which I'll show pics of later and we had dinner guests on Saturday which was a lot of fun.

They are friends from Husband's office and they brought their significant others. I really try to keep in mind the 10 commandments found on this site. If you haven't checked it out you really must. She has a great attitude about entertaining and some wonderful ideas. Well, I suppose if you don't like to cook or entertain then forget it but I love it. My BFF and I went out shopping in search of blue plates and I have to give her credit she found them for me. I had certain requirements to be met. Not only have we had fun lately on our weekly outings shopping around (at our leisure and not with kids!!) but we laugh the whole time. I look forward to our next trip out.

Back to dinner. Here are some pictures to showcase the night.


Me in my new apron getting ready to start the celebration, before the guests arrived.

Climber hunkering down with a friend.



Pictures of our guests who I think had as much fun of a time as we did. Plenty of talk, laughter and good food.

If you are wondering where the other two were, they were in front of the tv watching a new movie, Dinotopia. They gave it a thumbs up and so does Mom and Dad since it kept them occupied for an hour and a half. That's my trick when we have dinner guests over, especially those without children. I rent a new movie they haven't seen before and it usually works (except for Climber who isn't interested in anything to do with the television).

I know most of you that read (which is most likely family) want to know what's going on with the kids so here's an update. Safety Boy and I had date night and went to see Kung Fu Panda. What an entertaining movie. Would highly recommend it as would Safety Boy. It was so good that it renewed his love of karate and he is now back at it. Here is an old picture when he was testing for his yellow belt.



Crazy Girl, well still crazy but here she is enjoying her morning "coffee" (really her orange juice) on the front porch with Climber.


This is what happens when you leave Climber alone for 5 minutes. He managed to climb the stairs, go into the bathroom, grab the tp and come back half way down the stairs to have some fun. Must be a texture thing.


This is what happens when you have an older sister. You learn to love doll strollers and dolls. He is always in that doll stroller either hanging out or being pushed around by one of his older sibs. Then there are times we find him alone in the playroom feeding one of the dolls. He is such a good caregiver and will make a great daddy, in 30 years.



No comments: