Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I Am So Lucky

to have a daughter. Let me begin by saying that when I imagined having children I assumed I would have all boys and in fact wanted all boys. I was petrified to have a girl for all my screwed up reasons. I will reveal it all in a tell-all book I discuss with Oprah at some later date. Anyway, when I found out I was having a girl I had a lot of mixed emotions. I didn't know what I was going to do with her. I know what you are thinking ... you are a girl dummy. But, boys are easy in a way that girls are not. See, girls are dramatic. I am not. I don't like drama nor do I do drama. Well, let me tell you I got drama but it's not so bad. As a matter of fact my drama is wrapped up in a beautiful 36 inch package with a lot of power, craziness and love. Little girls are amazing. So much emotion in the form of love, laughter, tears, anger and feistiness has been put in my life. Sometimes it has sent me to the brink of insanity but then brought me right back with laughter. I am so blessed.


The reason I write this is because my Crazy Girl loves to be in the kitchen with me. For that I am grateful because to know me is to know that I love to cook so to have her with me is incredible. My own little cooking buddy. Below is a picture of her from this afternoon making soup in the crockpot (too hot to use the stove). What makes it so cute is that she is wearing a skirt (always does) and her apron that some friends gave her as a gift one year. My idea of comfort, jeans or shorts, is her idea of discomfort. I love that she has her own opinions unless of course, they are different from my own. Just kidding.

Next is a picture of Crazy Girl with her BFF CC which is my BFF's daughter.

No comments: